- October 6, 2017 volunteers loaded 174 Buckets of Hope filled with cleaning supplies and 29 boxes of various hygienic items for deliver to Catholic Charities Warehouse in Houston. WESTHEIMER TRANSFER AND STORAGE HOUSTON TEXAS has very generously provided the delivery to Catholic Charities Warehouse. HOTW has sent a total of 334 filled Buckets of Hope to the Houston area a total donated value of $10,020.00. Photo 1 Photo 2 Photo 3
- Responding to Puerto Rico Michelle Maxia, director and founder of the toy box connection, plans to fill a container for shipment to Puerto Rico by late October. Hope's on the Way will help Michelle's efforts by providing filled buckets of 14 cleaning supplies for the container to Puerto Rico.
Hope's on the Way Hurricane Harvey Disaster Response 2017 READ
- 15th MISSION TRIP, Saturday, April 22 thru Saturday April 29, 2017 to HATTIESBURG, MS. Volunteer to help rebuild homes damaged by tornado damage. To volunteer CONTACT: Joe Winblad. email@example.com or Ron Morowczynski firstname.lastname@example.org
- "Buckets of Hope" 2017, on Saturday, March 11th, 2017, shipped to Yarboro Community Outreach, Yarboro, NC. This community is still trying to help many people get back into their homes.
- "Buckets of Hope" for 2016 Hurricane Matthew. CLICK HERE
- "Buckets of Hope" for 2016 Victims of Louisiana Flooding.
Updated October 10,2016: October 7, St. Barbara's central collection site Buckets of Hope 2016 were blessed by Fr. Mike and ready for transport to St. Patrick's, Lemont.
October 10, St. Patrick's The Buckets of Hope 2016 at curb side were being loaded onto semi-trailer destination St. Martinville, LA, Notre Dame Parish site. Truck left 8:00 am.
October 11, Truck arrived by 1:00pm and volunteers unloaded buckets at Notre Dame parish. Confirmation from Deacon Ed Bustany, Director Catholic Charities Lafayette Diocese.CLICK HERE for more information.
- Cardinal Stritch Retreat House Oratory Renovation
HOTW volunteers complete removal of oratory's sacristy furniture, and the removal of Blessed Mother's mural from wall and rolled mural l for storage. Volunteers await future work request.
- St. Nicholas Evanston – volunteers completed
Kitchen cabinets assembled, SPRED Classroom Tables refinished, and several library style chairs tightened and re-glued.
- To Volunteer Contact: Joe Winblad 312-833-9170
Flint Michigan Spring Project 2016: is a successful effort that has provided four truck loads of 6,048 cases of 24x16oz.bottles per case of water to Catholic Charities in Flint Michigan. HOTW's board members wish to thank the many donors for their free will donations that provided bottle water which Catholic Charities, Flint stated was the greatest need. Thank you all who helped.
2017 Week long Mission Trip Lafayette, La area, and/or to Eastern N.C. area in later March or early April to help the rebuilding for those people requesting help. Join our potential pool of volunteers as we plan for the Field Mission Trips.
Sal Lema's Send Off Party
Many Hope's on the Way friends gathered to toast Sal and Beth farewell and wish a safe journey to distant Phoenix. Sal and Beth are looking forward to their new life style beginning in September in the Valley of the Sun. Pictured below, the well wishers remembered events and shared memorable moments of various mission trips.
Letter from Cardinal George:
To "Hope's on the Way"
"Father Mark Kalema, the pastor of Our Lady of Peace Parish, wrote to tell me of the efficient and dedicated work you have been doing to repair, restore and beautify the parish buildings and grounds."